Pages

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Marilyn



So doing a regular 'style crush' post seemed like a good idea, because apparently I love to torture myself looking at beautiful ladies/outfits, knowing I will never really achieve what i'm looking at. Nevertheless, it's always good to share, right? And this may seem like a predictable choice, and I know we've all seen a million pictures of Marilyn Monroe, but I LOVE her. There's more outfits of hers I love, but I decided to go for the more casual Marilyn vibes, because casual 50's clothes are everything 2 me. I've also had a look round the old 'net to see if I can find some similar items, so enjoy!

Just below, the picture on the left are the clothes Marilyn got married in to her second husband, Joe DiMaggio. I have a black coat with a similar fur collar, but that bow is so cute and the little brooch, too. I must get a brooch! And on the right, it may not look like the most amazing of outfits, but if you look a little closer, you'll see her initials are stitched into the shirt. I need this. 



Get the look 

 Marilyn wore this dress in the movie Niagara, but I think this photo was taken when she wore the dress again to some kind of party or public event. I love pink and this dress looks so beautiful! I love the little knot detail, and I just ordered a playsuit with something similar. Buzzing.

Get the look


What can I say? The outfit below is everything I aspire to be, really. Gingham pants have been on my wishlist forever, and i'm definitely going to try and recreate this cute little outfit. I need it!


Those two are from when Marilyn was in Canada filming River of no Return, however she was taking a break from filming after a leg injury (see cast on leg above). The two below were also taken by John Vachon during this time, except Marilyn is rockin the high-neck-cable-knit. 







Get the look
  


No comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts