Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

Movie Style: Heathers, 1988

So, as you can see, I love Winona Ryder. Aside from wishing we had the same face, in this movie I also wish I had her wardrobe and the confidence to pull off these outfits. Maybe just taking little elements from them will do? I don't think there's a scene in this movie where someone isn't wearing a cheeky brooch, it makes me want to raid my nana's jewelry box and just pop a brooch on every item of clothing I own. I also must go on a hunt for a hat like either of the ones below that would be able to fit on my massive head. Also definitely going to buy a red scrunchie to wear when i'm feeling particularly popular.

If you've not seen this movie, PLEASE WATCH IT. It's got all you'd want out of an 80's high school movie: big hair, all the high school stereotypes, an abundance of shoulder pads, croquet, murders-passed-off-as-suicides, Christian Slater in a very hammy (but enjoyable) performance, fabulous insults, and a happy ending. This movie is a great black comedy, but if that's not your thing, the aesthetics are sure to impress (if not make you cringe a bit).

Watch the original trailer ! (Bad 80's trailers are another of my passions)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin



2 comments :

  1. I've never seen this movie but now I want to :)
    ----
    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great you should definitely give it a watch! Its a fave :)

      Delete

Popular Posts